YOUR PEACE OF MIND
We are notified under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and comply with the Act in all our dealings with your personal data.
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect the following personal data from you:
- your name, email address and other contact details you provide from time to time;
- your payment information, such as credit and debit card details;
- details around your use of the website (see the sections below headed “Third Party Cookies” and “Cookies”); and
- any other information that you provide when filling in forms, posting information on the website and/or the forums or when you contact us.
We may also appoint third parties to collect and process personal data on our behalf for certain purposes such as targeted advertising and enabling single sign on functionality and social network integration.
OUR USE OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data collected is used to:
- provide users with information on 17 Steps and related artists
- to customise the user’s online experience and to improve the content of the website;
- for internal review of the web pages visited by the user;
- to track the progress and number of entries in promotions and contests;
- to track the number of users of the website and where appropriate, the products purchased through the website; and
- to provide users with information about produces or services that we, or carefully selected third parties, believe will be of interest to users (please see the sections directly headed “Sharing Personal Data” and “Direct Marketing”).
KEEPING AND MAINTAINING PERSONAL DATA
How long we keep your personal data depends on the context in which you provide it and the purposes for which we use it, but we will only ever retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for these purposes. Specifically:
- we will keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to provide you with products and/or services that you have requested or purchased;
- we will keep your contact information for marketing purposes for as long as we have your consent for: (i) us to send you marketing information about our products and services by you not opting-out of receiving this marketing information; and/or (ii) third parties to provide you with information about products or services that may be of interest to you by you opting-in to receiving this marketing information;
- we will keep records of any transactions for up to six years so we can respond to any complaints or disputes that arise during this time; and
- we will keep other information about you if it is necessary for us to do so and for us to comply with law or to protect or own, or other persons’, interests.
SHARING PERSONAL DATA
Sometimes we will share your personal data with third parties and we may do this for the following reasons:
- to provide you with a service and/or product, but your personal data will only be used to provide you with this service and/or product;
- to provide you with information about promotions and offers if you have given your consent to receive these communications in accordance with the section headed “Direct Marketing”;
- where it is necessary to comply with law or to protect our or another person’s rights, property or safety (including to prevent fraud and to reduce payment risk – see the section headed “Financial”); and/or
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OVERSEAS
Where users have signed up and not opted out from receiving information and promotions from us, the personal data may also be used to notify users of future 17 Steps releases and related products and services which may be of interest to users. You hereby give us your consent to receive marketing information from us for these purposes by choosing not to opt-out on the registration form.
If at any time you wish to stop receiving information you can opt out or reply to the e-mail address at the bottom of each e-mail you receive from us. You can also opt out of any SMS communications you receive from us.
We may market third party products or services ourselves that are expressly connected with the relevant artist, such as ring-tones. We may also, occasionally include advertising for third party products or services on the website, or in newsletters or other artist mailings you receive from us.
You give us your consent to receiving marketing information from third parties about their products and services by choosing to opt-in on the registration form. We do not pass your details to third parties for the purposes of allowing them to market their products or service to you, UNLESS you have ticked the third party box on our registration forms giving us permission to do so.
You give us your consent to receiving marketing information from our group companies.
Please note that the opt-ins and opt-outs on this website cover all means of us communicating with you, including by email, post, phone SMS text message and other electronic means.
When you choose to opt-in or opt-out through this website, this opt-in or opt-out will only apply to the personal data stored about you on this website’s databases. If you have provided personal data to one of our group companies through another channel, the use of that personal data will not be affected by the opt-ins or opt-outs that you select on this website.
USE BY CHILDREN
If you are under the age of 16 you should obtain the consent of your parents or legal guardians for submitting any personal data to this website.
Children under the age of 13 should not submit any personal data without the written consent of their parents or legal guardian. You and your parents or legal guardians should also read the Safe Surfing Guide.
We may use Google Analytics for the following purposes:
Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting: We use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to inform our marketing strategy.
Visitors can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using Google’s Ad Settings page.
Visitors can opt out of Google Analytics using this link.
For more information on our cookies, please visit our cookies page.
HOW WE USE AND WHEN WE SHARE BROAD DEMOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
We may use, and may transfer to others to use, broad demographic information that may include data from your activity at the website, but not personal data. For example, we use broad demographic information to tailor the site to the interests of our visitors, and we may share it with advertisers and other third parties so that they can tailor their advertisements and communications to the appropriate audience. We reserve the right to use such broad demographic information, and to allow others to make use of it, without limitation or restriction, and without further notice to you, in our sole and absolute discretion and is the sole and absolute discretion of those with whom we share such information.
Whenever we obtain your personal data we take reasonable precautions to protect it from unauthorised access or disclosure, but we cannot act as insurers of the security of your personal data transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any disclosure of data due to errors in transmission, unauthorised third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or missions beyond our reasonable control.
If you are a member of Alibid community you should note that when you complete your member profile this information can be viewed by other members. Accordingly, you should not provide any information in your member profile that you do not wish to share with third parties and you should have no privacy expectations with respect to the information contained within it. You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose information online in a public accessible area, such as in your member profile, a message board or chat room, that information may be collected an used by others. We do not control the actions of our visitors. If you disclose personal data in your member profile message board or any other public accessible place on the internet you do so at your own risk and should understand that your submitted information may be collected and used by others to send you unsolicited messages, advertisements, or for other purposes. Please remember the protection of your privacy begins with you. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any password you use to register, and you should always be careful and responsible whenever disclosing information online.
Personal data collected via this website is controlled by:
364-366 Kensington High Street,